Looking for a stylish sports sedan that won’t break the bank? Well, the 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer is the car for you! Last month, the boychild and I got a chance to spend some time in the 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer SEL. I used the Lancer to do everything from running errands to going on a quick road trip. This was my first time in a Mitsubishi Lancer so I wanted to not only test out its ability to handle the road but I also wanted to see how it handled day to day life. One of my favorite things about the Lancer is the fact that while it’s a compact car it still has enough room for the family. The boychild and I was quite impressed in how well this compact car held up to all of our abuse.
So lets talk about features:
- Roomy: A compact car that comfortably seats 5 people is always a good thing. The Lancer has plenty of room
- All Wheel Drive: Living in Chicago, you quickly learn the importance of having AWD. I can’t drive a car if it doesn’t have AWD.
- Navigation: The easy to use navigation helps you navigate through these city streets effortlessly.
- Colors: The Lancer comes in a range of cool colors from red to bright blue, you can truly make this vehicle your own.
- Gas Mileage: The Lancer gets an estimated 23 city miles and 31 highway miles. I drove this car everywhere and didn’t have to fill the gas tank not once.
- Heated Seats: No explanation needed, if you are from Chicago because you already know why will need this to get through Chicago’s cold winters.
- Sound: The six speakers will keep the music pumping no matter where you are going. You guys know I’m all about my sounds.
- Speed Sensitive Sound Control: This is one of those features you don’t you need until you’ve had a chance to try it. I’ve noticed when driving on the highway the outside noise often drowns out the music but not with the Lancer. The car automatically adjusts the sound.
- Satellite Radio: Comes with 3 months of complimentary satellite radio.
- USB ports: Perfect for charging or connecting your devices to the Lancer’s radio. You will learn the importance of having a USB port when your gadgets need a quick boost.
Overall, the Lancer is a fun compact car that handles the road well. With the MSRP starting at a little over 19k, the Lancer is the perfect car for someone who is looking to get a lot of bang for their buck.