Well, technically it’s not mine but after driving the 2016 Chevy Suburban around for a week… I wish it was! To most people the black Suburban 4WD 1/2 Ton LTZ would be extremely intimidating but not to a girl like me. As a matter of fact, I get a huge rush driving around in such a big vehicle. I found a ton of humor in people staring at me getting in and out of the Suburban, one man even said “what’s a small thing like you doing in such a big truck.” I was so tickled but little did he know, I love big trucks and couldn’t see myself driving anything less. A week of riding in the Chevy Suburban will not only make you a believer, it will make you wish you had one. I literally had to pull the boychild out of the car everyday because he just wanted to sit inside the Suburban and watch movies. One day he even asked if he could sit in the car while I go to the gym, the struggle was real.
There were so many things I loved about the Chevrolet Suburban, I literally don’t know where to start…
- Safety: Because the Suburban is a big car, having the proper safety features could make all the difference in avoiding a car crash. Between the Forward Collision Alert, Lane Keep Assist, Side Blind Zone (Lane Departure Alert), Rear Vision Camera and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, I felt like the boychild and I were extremely safe. So if big trucks intimidate you, these options make driving a Suburban much easier.
- Power Heated Outside Mirror: Another one of those features you don’t realize you were missing out on until it’s gone. When it snows here in Chicago, the snow can be brutal. It’s already bad enough when I have to clean tons of snow off my car, somehow I always forget to get the outside mirrors. With the power heated outside mirrors, you are covered.
- Heated & Cooling Seats: Now I’m no stranger to heated seats but these cooling seats are one step under amazing. Living in Chicago the temperatures are always extreme, I love leather seats but I hate when they are too cold or too hot. This feature was right up my alley! Oh and I forgot the 2nd Row Seats are heated as well.
- Room: The Suburban has tons of room, hell I would move into it if I could. With 3 rows of seats you can virtually fit an army inside of this truck.
- Remote Vehicle Start: Once you try remote start you won’t go back… remember you heard it hear first!
- Rain Sensing Wipers: There’s nothing better than a car that gets the job done. It rained quite a few times last week but I didn’t have to worry because the wipers took care of the rain without my help.
- Wireless Charging: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve forgotten my phone charger, with the wireless charger you no longer need to bring yours from home. You can charge your phone directly in the truck.
- Power Sunroof: Because I refuse to drive any car that doesn’t have one.
- Apple Carplay: If you are a fan of Apple like I am, then you already know this will enhance your total driving an Apple experience.
When I think of the Chevrolet Suburban, I think of it as the perfect everyday truck but I also think it’s great to take on a road trip. I’m all about a car that provides a great ride but also keep the boychild entertained You never know what you’ve been missing until you get a chance to have an rear seat entertainment system in your car. By far the 10 speaker Bose Centerpoint with Surround Sound Audio System was hands down my favorite features. I’m sure you guys already know that quality of a Bose System is next to none.
Lets talk Miles Per Gallon: You get 15 city and 22 highway miles, I drove the Suburban back and forth all week and I still had gas left. I thought for sure a truck of this size would require multiple fill-ups during the week but boy was I wrong. Another cool fact: when you purchase the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban it comes with a 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. You no longer have to worry about high maintenance bills as you get two visits that include oil, filter and tire rotation.
I could go on and on about my love for the Chevrolet Suburban, in just one week it has made it into my top 5 favorite trucks.