A few weeks ago, I was invited to Pret A Manger to try the all new salad line-up. I’ve heard of Pret A Manger but I’ve never tried their food, so I decided to stop by the Lasalle Street location to see what Pret A Manger was all about.
Pret A Manger is all about handmade natural food. Fresh food is prepared daily and whatever isn’t sold that day is given to charity that night. I think it’s such a great concept and even more of a reason to support Pret A Manger.
I’m a huge fan of macaroni and cheese so I was sold when I found out it was made from a mixture of natural cheeses. It truly was love at first bite! As I made my way to the drinks, I grabbed a strawberry lemonade to help me cool off. I was interested in seeing if it contained a bunch ingredients that I couldn’t pronounce since Pret A Manger is all about natural food.
So after browsing some of the other food items, I finally stopped by the salads. There were so many fresh salads it was hard to choose. I seriously had a hard time choosing. The summer salad line up includes the following:
· Italian Prosciutto & Quinoa Salad—$8.49 Pret’s prosciutto is imported from Italy and complemented by a cage-free, hard-boiled egg, a hearty NEW Quinoa Mix (includes: red quinoa, edamame, peas and parsley), basil and a slice of lemon all sitting atop a bed of garden-fresh mesclun.
· Falafel Meze Salad—$7.49 Featuring a blend of crunchy romaine lettuces and spinach, this salad is topped with crisp red onions, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, creamy hummus, a slice of lemon and of course, golden brown falafel. Includes a side of Tzatziki dressing.
· Wild Salmon Salad—$8.99 Pret’s sockeye salmon is wild-caught (never farm-raised) and paired with tasty cucumbers, grape tomatoes and a slice of lemon all served over a bed of arugula and mesclun. Includes a side of Tzatziki dressing.
· Market Fresh Salad—$7.49 A perfect blend of fresh vegetables such as arugula, mesclun, grape tomatoes, garbanzo beans, carrots, onions, beets, avocado and lemon—plus Pret’s satisfying Quinoa Mix—make this salad a heart healthy choice.
· Beets & Berries Salad (Summer Exclusive*)—$7.99 This salad is flawlessly curated, highlighting an array of seasonal ingredients including ripe strawberries, shredded red beets, goat cheese and toasted walnuts with mesclun lettuce and spinach. Pick up this salad while you can—it will only be around for the Summer season!
How can a girl choose just one….
After picking my salad, I headed to the counter to pay for my items and sat down to enjoy my meal. Not only was the food very good but it was very fresh. The employees were friendly and the atmosphere was laid back. Lunch will run you about $10 but the food is well worth the price.If you are looking for a place to get freshly made, natural food, I suggest you stop by Pret A Manger. To get more info on Pret A Manger go here.
Disclosure: I was not paid for this post, I was provided gift cards for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.