The Manly Man’s Guide to Wearing Hugo by Hugo Boss for Men
If you’re a man who is just starting to wear cologne—or the happy partner of a man who has given in to your requests to start—you may think that the idea of men using fragrance should come second nature. But don’t. While men have used scent for centuries, it’s not until the past decades tor two hat it has become as popular as it is today. Unlike women who grew up playing dress-up and sneaking into their mother’s cosmetics and perfume, men aren’t typically taught how to enjoy cologne. So no need to ‘fess up, manly men. We understand.
If you’ve taken a liking to a fragrance like Hugo by Hugo Boss for Men, you’re off to a good start. Here are some recommendations for getting the most out of your cologne in an appealing way:
- Start clean: Apply your fragrance to clean skin. This will help to make sure there aren’t any impurities in the way of the scent and that it will combine well with your own body chemistry.
- Apply on your pulse points: Use the fragrance on the parts of your body where you can feel your heartbeat, such as your chest, the sides of your neck, or the inside of your wrists.
- Don’t overdo it: A little can go a long way with Hugo or another men’s cologne. If you can detect the scent on yourself all day, it’s likely that you’ve used too much. Use enough that someone would have to be quite near to realize how great you smell.
- Avoid too many scents at once: Many products have scents, including shampoo, soap and deodorant. Though you don’t need to use all Hugo Boss for Men products to smell good, use products whose scents complement one another, or play it safe and try unscented products to let your fragrance stand alone.
- Bring it with you: If you have oily skin, it’s more likely your fragrance will last all day long than if you’re a guy with dry skin. Consider bringing it with you so that you can reapply if you have a long day ahead of you.
- Change with the seasons: You might find that you will enjoy different scents more or less depending on the season. So while you may choose Hugo for part of the year, you might also discover that you like another Hugo Boss for Men fragrance or other cologne for other seasons.