Last week I got to attend the opening of Ovo, Cirque Du Soleil’s newest Big Top production!
I’ve been to quite a few Cirque Du Soleil shows so I was happy to add Ovo to my list!
Ovo is based in the insect world where the insects curiosity over a mysterious egg sends them on a journey through out the village!
Ovo also told the story of a budding love affair between the lady bug and the insect.
Ovo definitely didn’t disappoint, the show reminded me of the movie “A Bugs Life” only better!
The colors and acrobatics were nothing short of amazing!!
I think the Ladybug with her cute femine nature may have been my favorite insect!
However the Lizards were just as captivating …
Matter of fact all of the insects were awesome, it’s hard to pick a favorite!
This show is a MUST SEE and perfect for people of all ages.
Ovo will be at the United Center from now until August 21. 2011.
Tickets to the show can be purchased here.
Here are a few pictures from opening night…
Look who I ran into…
Not only did Sami and I attend opening night, we also got to experience the Tapis Rouge Lounge.
Basically, the Tapis Rouge Lounge is an experience all in its own and access to the lounge allows you access to the following:
Tapis Rouge invites you and your guests to enjoy:
- The best seats to the hottest ticket in town
- Access to Tapis Rouge via an exclusive entrance one hour pre Show and during intermission
- Dedicated team to welcome you and your guests and to assist with your needs
- Delectable food and wines with Cirque du Soleil flair
- Original music and a panoply of colours and styles in a stunning environment
- The exhilaration and panache that sets Cirque du Soleil apart.
The service and staff in the Tapis Rouge lounge were excellent, truly a VIP experience!!
Because I had class the day of the show, I had like 15 minutes to get home and get dressed so this is what I wore…
For these pictures and more check out our Facebook Fanpage here.
Some images are courtesy of Cirque Du Soleil Ovo